I love having a varied workout routine. It keeps me from getting bored. I do get bored pretty easily. I always get asked what my workout routine is like so I thought I would post what I did last week. Now don't think I am this hard core every week.
Monday: 3.4 mile run on the treadmill at the gym, stretching, and 230 reps abs
Tuesday: Biggest Loser DVD Bootcamp workout and Low Intensity Cardio Workout
Wednesday: 3.75 mile run on treadmill at the gym, stretching, and 230 reps abs
Thursday: Nothing
Friday: 30 Day Shred Level 1 and 2
Saturday: 3.1 mile run around my neighborhood.
Sunday: 3.37 mile run around my neighborhood.
Some workouts I like doing:
30 Day Shred DVD (Jillian Michaels): Any level. If I feel like a good workout I do Level 1 and 2 together
Biggest Loser DVD: Any workout on here. My favs are the Low Intensity Cardio and the Bootcamp
Running: Treadmill or outside...pros and cons to both.
Step Aerobics: I like the step class at our gym, but I have a hard time getting there. It's during Biggest Loser and I don't have a DVR. lol But now I can go since the season is over. Sometimes I would go anyway and catch the rest online.
Pilates: I love pilates but hardly ever get to do it.
Zumba: Zumba is fun but not really in my opinion a great workout. Or maybe it's just the one at our gym. I usually feel like I still need to workout more after.
Stair Master: That big huge one that looks like you are actually climbing steps. That one will kick your butt.
Elliptical Machines: With arms is my favorite. It makes you burn more calories and is harder. However I like the one with no arms because I do not hold on to the machine. I can go super fast on that one and do sprints easier on it.
Rowing Machine: Ah, it's ok, but doesn't feel like I'm working out very hard. Even on the highest resistance setting. It hurts my back too.
Wii Games: There are several Wii games that I like that are good workouts. However, our Wii isn't working right now so those are not helping me at the moment. Wii Fit, Biggest Loser for Wii, etc.
There are more, but they elude my mind at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Is it bad that I want to take a nap after reading this??? Not that you're boring ... it just looks that exhausting! LOL!!!
hahaha Karen!!
Wow, that's an awesome workout week! You rock! I love all the variety in what you do.
i'm exhausted just from reading that! jk variety is the key...to everything! :)
Oh my - now that's impressive!!! No wonder you are doing so great!! Hoping I can work my way up to workouts like that.
Thank you for all of the recommendations!
diane :)
Post a Comment