Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday



1. I'm so excited! I'm getting my hair cut TOMORROW. I'm chopping it off. I'll show comparison pics of the last time I cut it and this time. Not long hair to short, because this will be more dramatic. lol

2. We are going to the Natural History Museum with my in laws on Friday! Sounds like fun.

3. I lost 1.6 last week!!!! (back to 60 lb. lost) I'm seriously kicking my butt in gear this week too. I am determined to get to that 70 lb. lost and to a huge other goal that I will reveal at that time. lol I don't know why I just can't do it yet.

This is Courtney on the first day of Kindergarten last year. She looks so little.

4. I'm sorry, but I can't wait for school to start. I love having all of this two on one time with them this summer, don't get me wrong. The constant "what are we going to do today" is wearing me out. Thankfully we have swim lessons this week and last because they aren't constantly asking to swim. It is nice waking up at whatever time we want and doing whatever we want. That is awesome.

5. Seriously, why are there so many dang black and brown widows here?? It makes me nervous to sit on anything that's been outside. Especially since I know what their webs look like. Scary! Those things freak me out! No, I'm not going to find you a picture of a black widow for my blog. That would be way too creepy and scare me. lol

6. Skyler had to stop wearing the cute earrings. Her ears do not like them. Poor thing. And they were the sensitive ears (nickel free) ones. I guess she has ears like mine. I can only wear real ones for long periods of time. If I wear costume jewelry (like Cookie Lee) then I have to take them out that night and put the other ones back in. By one day they are irritated. Courtney doesn't seem to be having a problem with the new ones.

7. The weekly check in for Scott's job: He hasn't found anything out yet. He should hear within 1-2 more weeks. But any of the other places he applied for could happen any time.

8. Some money making ideas I might start. Making and selling personalized journals. Card assortment packs (who wants to give Hallmark money when you can support your friend? And they're cuter anyway.) Photography business I have talked about this for quite some time and have been thinking about it forever. I really want to do this. I'm just not sure that all of the retouching aspects of it could be done. I want to get better at my photoshopping. That's really the only thing holding me back. Well, fear of failure I suppose too.

9. Ahh Doritos and M&Ms...why do you have to be so good? I need to stop eating you. I want to reach my goal weight. I really can have you in moderation. But sometimes I'm not very moderate with you. You tempt me so. What foods call out to you?

10. I did a 5 mile run on the treadmill last night. No fun. I am beginning to loathe it. It felt like a great pace. I was doing 5.7 the whole time (minus 5 times walking for about 1 minute). The pace was 10:31 (for the 5.7 part). I realize that I love the fresh air hitting my face when I run outside. I only did the treadmill because it was too late to run outside. If you run, where do you prefer to do it? I'm liking the neighborhood runs, but I want to try the trail again.

6 comments:

LauraC said...

I HATE treadmill running too! But our heat index will be 110 tomorrow, so treadmill it is.

I figure I can run outside the other 9 months of the year.

Lesia said...

YIKES!!! Did you say WIDOWS? EEKE...I hate spiders. Sorry.

Brigitte said...

I love to run outside on a trail. However, with all the heat and humidity it flairs my asthma. Therefore, inside to the treadmill I must go. It will be fall soon enough, right?

My food trigger is potato chips. Oh how I love you wavy lays...

Christine said...

Ah, see, I'm a treadmill runner. The thought of running outside instantly makes me gasp for breath! LOL!

I love the idea of you starting your own business, and how fun to do cards and journals and stuff! The only problem with doing something like that is that you'll need to have quite a bit of money up front to order those items in bulk (to get a good price) and then sell what you have ordered. That's as opposed to ordering on a order-by-order basis. So more money up front...that's the part that always gets me when I think about doing anything similar. I hope you work it out and MAKING A KILLING!!! :-)

Hannah said...

I can't wait to see your hair! I have been having the urge to chop it all off lately. But I love being able to just tie it back and run out the door.
Congrats on the loss. Keep it up!

Traci said...

Our weather has been pretty nice in the mornings and evenings for runs outside.

Yes, widows! Scary!

Sometimes running outside gives me asthma problems too. I have to stay to residential streets, because it's hard to breathe if I'm on a busy street. I've been having some attacks, but not out of the norm.

Wavy lays huh? Thankfully those don't even tempt me. Probably because they are my dad's favs and we always had them growing up. Kinda over it, unless I have some dip to go with it. Ok, stop it...no more chips.

Christine- I have always been a treadmill runner. NEVER outside. Then I started trying it outside. It's harder at first but you get used to it. You have to propel yourself to keep at a certain speed. I already have several journals already and have a ton of card making stuff. I could start it on just what I already have easy. Not in large quantities though.