Sunday, August 29, 2010

Taking a Deep Breath


Sometimes you just have to sit back and take a breath. Realize that you can't do everything and that you are surely not invincible. I haven't been feeling all that well the last several days. Just a light achy feeling all over and some coughing now. But you know how it is when you are a mom. There are no breaks. You don't get to be sick. So, we went on with life. Parties, school events, Splash, soccer, hanging out and eventually it caught up with me. I had such great plans for exercise, but since I was already doing so much my energy had already been spent. I never went to the gym and can not even fathom running today like I planned. So, finally this morning I decided to stay home to rest. Thankfully my hubby and kids aren't sick. So, he took them to church and are currently at a birthday party. I really wanted to be there too. But my body is telling me to go lay back down on the couch that has become my resting place. I am going to conserve my energy so I can be fully well by my 1/2 marathon on Friday. Ya, it's this Friday already. I was going to do it on the weekend, but it's crazy busy. I also won't be weighing in officially tomorrow either. I can never trust a sickness weigh in. Whether it's extra weight due to mucus build up and muscle tension or weight loss due to lack of eating and dehydration. Either way, I'm not counting it. I will see ya back next Monday on that one.

I am so thankful for my husband right now. He told me to rest and that he has a mission to do laundry when he gets home. AND that he doesn't want me doing any while they are gone. aww

10 comments:

Allan said...

Get well... I am not allowed on the laundry room, as I don't know what to do. (?) Imagine that, I am not allowed to do the laundry. I did attend Cornell University, Hotel School, and I took Ivy League courses on how to maintain a Hotel, including laundry. My wife feels I am not up to it. A shame, as I would love to do it.. Tee hee... A better man,,,,

Traci said...

muahaha Allan. That's funny. That woman is missing out. ;)

Lesia said...

What a sweet hubby you have. You get better and take it easy. smile.

Anonymous said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! *BIG HUGS* to you!

Jeniffer said...

Get better, and take care of you.
Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart. Mine sent me home for one day of "rest" to get better because I have been sick, but loaded the laundry into the car and called to remind me to bring it back, cleaned and sorted and folded nicely, thanks, when I return. Plus, he gave me a huge list of stuff to pick up for him to bring back up there with me! What a guy! :-D

C. Beth said...

I'm glad you took some time to rest...hope you're feeling better now! GL on the half!

Me said...

What a sweet husband you have! I'm impressed with your weight loss.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Michelle

Sharlie said...

Hey Traci, love ur blog! And hope u get to feeling better soon. Just wanted to let you know that i left you a blog award so when u have a min go and pick it up.

ladyofthehouse said...

What a good guy!
I hope you are feeling better!!
:)

Gabi said...

You have an amazing husband! That is so sweet.

I left you a little something over at my place.
http://girlyblitz.blogspot.com/